Hi All! So I hate being one of those people who apologizes for a lack of blogging, especially with such a small number of readers. This blog is a source of fun and escape for me so when I am not enjoying it or when it starts to make my life more stressful time wise I see no reason to try forcing out rushed posts. I needed a bit of a break and had zero motivation to blog due to stresses in other areas of my life so blogging has been sparse and I hope that won’t be the case much longer! 🙂 Anyway, here is what I received in last week’s Sample bar glam pack! I hear there is a new subscription service being launched in NZ soon so now I am torn as to whether I should pay for both, swap over or stick to sample bar hmmm.
This months box was based around the theme of jet setting or holidaying over the summer period and I was fairly happy with what we received this month although I would love a makeup product/sample to be included.
1. Steamcream: The first full size product included this month was the multi-award winning steamcream which comes in a variety of very eye-catching and cute little tins! I have seen a couple of other designs which were very cute but have to say I was very pleased to get this English design! I think a lot of people thought this would be like a multipurpose balm product but it’s definitely a beautiful lotion/moisturiser that can be kept in the handbag and used where-ever. I love the scent of lavender (but I am sure some won’t) and find the cream to be beautiful on the skin without being too greasy. The 75g tin costs $29.95 (yay for getting our $25 money’s worth!). I’m already thinking of ways I can repurpose this tin…
2. Twistband in neon green: So this is apparently some hyped up elastic accessory from the states that can be used as a hair tie or as a wrist accessory. I think I must be missing something because this looks like it could be made in a 6 year old’s craft class… Don’t get me wrong, the snag free elastic is snag free, it holds my hair up rather well and looks cuter around my wrist than a crappy little black hair tie for sure but I’m not sure I really get the hype around it. Oh well I am always in need of more hair ties! These are $2.95 individually.
3. Air Repair eye cream: I am a sucker for eye creams! I am not sure why but I love trying new ones out so I was excited to see one included and full size too yay! This is a super hydrating eye cream with aloe, allantoin, vitamin C, green tea extract and cloudberry seed (what?) but don’t ask me what all of those do. It feels soothing on the eye but I haven’t used it long enough to get a clear idea on how it works. This is $17.50 for the 15mL tube.
4. Hil Cook Solution Buds: A two pack sample of cotton buds which can be fiddled around with in order to release make up remover solution into one end which can then be used to remove any makeup accidents or smudges. A cute and useful idea for when on the go or out away from trusty make up remover and cotton balls but at $12.99 for 20 I am not sure I would spend my money on the pack.
5. Le Tan SPF 30 Coconut Lotion: Last up is another favorite! I love the coconut smell of this sunblock/lotion so was pleased to receive a mini sized tube to take with me this weekend to the Coromandel. I’m not sure if this counts as sunblock or not but I use this happily on my body to give non-greasy SPF protection that doesn’t feel or smell like sun block. This is $5.99 for the little 35mL size that fits perfectly into my handbag.
So that’s it for this month! Overall pretty happy but hope to see some makeup next month. The only things I would maybe buy again would be the eye cream as it’s not too expensive, the coconut lotion and if I could afford more steam cream I would buy it in a flash for its divine scent but most of all the tins!! I need more!
Talk to you soon