Hi All! Another month, another Glam Pack to share with you all. Last month I said I was probably stopping my subscription…obviously that didn’t happen. I accidentally
on purpose missed the date to cancel my subscription by and so was stuck with this month’s box haha but I’m not complaining because I rather like what was provided this month. I do plan on cancelling my subscription however we shall see if I actually make it this month. Anyway, the products this month centered around the theme of pampering oneself now that Summer has supposedly abandoned us. Here’s what I got!
1. Spa Ritual Bath Salts: These came in two little 17g sachets, I would assume enough for one relaxing soak each, however I unfortunately lack a bath in my flat and so these may be used for a foot or hand soak instead. They come with frankincense essential oil along with a bunch of sea salt and dead sea salts. They are 70% organic which is 70% great to hear and are made with vegan ingredients. All in all I’m excited to try these out and compare them to my trusty Epsom bath salts. The full size of this (220g) is $47.99 which is pretty steep compared to my $10 tub of epsom bath salts (to which I just add my preferred essential oils) so not sure I will buy this in the full size.
2. Bestow Beauty Powder: Another sachet, this time containing a bunch of flax seed, pumpkin & coconut flour, spirulina, black current extract and other good things that should ” feed your skin from within”. I love the idea of this product and the fact you can sprinkle it onto pretty much anything, from a smoothie to a stir fry, to get a boost of skin enriching ingredients. I doubt one use is at all useful in showing any kind of positive result but I still appreciate the chance to try out the product in terms of taste. The full size (300g) is available for $45 which might be a fair price depending on the nmr of uses one would get out of that size.
3. Carol Priest Almond & LemonBalm Facial Scrub: Another little sample that I was very pleased with is this little glass tub of gentle, creamy exfoliant from a brand I have never heard of. Apparently this can be left on as a rich protein mask for the skin as well which I may try! Smells interesting but in a good way and is full of nice sounding ingredients such as lemongrass (which is the main scent for me), ground almonds and other herbal oils so I am looking forward to trying this out. Also I am thankful for the decent sample size which is important when trying skin products out properly. The full size (50g tub) is $58.60 which seems a little expensive for me but we’ll see how it goes.
4. GeoSkincare Night Repair Cream: A beautiful full size of this was lovely to see when I opened the box. I am a sucker for a good night cream and have to admit I have already slathered some of this on my face! It feels rich and hydrating and a little goes a really long way. This brand, which I haven’t used before, seems to stick to healthy ingredients, steering clear of parabens and artificial fragrances which makes my sensitive skin very happy to hear. One other thing I love is that this is in a pump not a container so you get much more hygienic application! I wish more creams came like this. Full size product (50mL) is on SampleBar for $43.92 and I may consider repurchasing.
5. Model Co Eye Define Black Eyeliner: The other full size product was a black eye liner from Model Co (the same company that provided the excellent lip gloss from last month’s box). I wasn’t dissapointed or excited by this at first, I use black eye liner so nothing wrong with trying another but I wasn’t over happy. Then I tried it on my hand and was much more excited indeed! This pencil eyeliner is the smoothest I have ever tried. Its very pigmented and glides on like butter! Normally I stick to liquid or gel for a wing on my lids but this works so nicely that it turned out perfect for doing a gorgeous winged eye. Very pleased indeed and at $26 for full size I may well repurchase.
Last up were two vouchers included in this month’s box. The first is for a set of accent lashes at Cerise Lash and Makeup with no minimum spend so I will definitely try and make use of this. The second voucher is for 20% off any geocare products purchased on the sample bar website before the end of April which is great if I want to try any of their other items.
Over all I was very happy with the full size products in this month’s box and the samples were pretty good too! Makes it much harder to go through with cancelling my subscription haha (Just FYI I am not cancelling because of the quality of the box but more so because I could use the money each month on one product that I really want and with money being tight this seems like the better option)! If you would like to sign up for next month’s box head over to SampleBar (don’t worry, I don’t get any incentives for sending you there through that link).
Have a great rest of the month!