So I’m still a bit undecided about the whole “Product’s I’ve used up” kind of post but until someone tells me this is a silly post i’ll continue on showing you my rubbish…. Part of the reason I like these is that I have a chance to give you my thoughts on some products which may not have featured elsewhere on the blog. I don’t really do product reviews on individual items so I like the opportunity to give a couple of words on stuff I’ve been using. So here is my first Volume of my rubbish for 2013 haha.
1. Maybelline XXL Pro Mascara: This is a mascara that is so old it should have been chucked ages ago but I loved it so much I was reluctant! But off it goes! This was a double ended product with one side defining and lengthening (I think) and the other volumizing. I did love this but have since found equally if not better mascaras that I prefer and that are a bit easier and quicker to apply. Repurchase? I don’t think this is even still sold oops.
2. Olay Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive Skin: This was my go-to moisturizer for ages and was repurchased over and over. I love it because it’s moisturizing without feeling too heavy and doesn’t irritate my very sensitive skin. At the moment I am using a couple of different moisturizers just in an effort to be more adventurous but will most likely repurchase this in the future as it’s only $10 on special and does the job well.
3. Kleancolour Waterproof Eyeliner Pen: This was a piece of crap. I didn’t get a single stupid use out of this liquid eyeliner, pretty much the worse I’ve ever tried. I got this for like $5 at Postie Plus and I wasn’t expecting anything good but I was expecting SOMETHING. This just didn’t seem to work and left watery marks all over my hand no matter how much I played around trying to encourage something to happen. I really hope I just got a dud and they aren’t all this crap but I don’t plan on buying another.
4. Natio Pure Mineral Foundation: This is another product that is quite old. There’s a fair amount left in it but I never reach for it (I don’t think I’ve used it in months) and so not much point keeping it around. It was fine but quite light coverage for a foundation and nothing special. I have BB creams and other foundations I would prefer to use up so off it goes! Repurchase? Not likely.
5. evo:The great hydrator moisture mask: This was a sample I got in my first SampleBar pack but never quite got around to using until this year. I loved this and it did a beautiful job on the ends of my hair. I got quite a few uses because I mainly used it on my dry ends but the full size I know is quite expensive. Repurchase? If I see it somewhere I may consider but it’s a little out of my price range at the moment.
6. Kleancolour Mascara: Sorry for the extremely worn appearance of this, it was kept in my handbag, primarily for the mini mirror on the other side and as a backup mascara in case I forgot to wear and bring one. The mascara was pretty useless and dried up super quick so time to make more room for other makeup! Repurchase? Nope.
7. Vaseline Dry Skin conditioning lotion: I always try to have an abundance of creams and lotions for my dry skin and hands and this was a good backup when I ran out of my main hand cream or body lotion. Its all gone now and I may repurchase just because it‘s super cheap (around $3-4 at the Supermarket) and does a fine job when I need a quick moisture fix.
8. Cinnamon Mint Marvis Toothpaste: Another product from a SampleBar pack this was a small size of a lovely cinnamon flavored toothpaste! I rather loved this but probably won’t purchase the full size because it’s around $14 which is a little excessive for a toothpaste…
9. Sex and the City LOVE Shower Gel: This is the shower gel that came in a pack with the LOVE fragrance and the lotion and some mini sizes of two other fragrances. This is still practically full but being chucked because it doesn’t lather up well and doesn’t seem to do much other than smell okay. I have a lot of other shower gels I would prefer to use and this one isn’t great for my sensitive skin anyway. The lotion I kept although it’s a similarly crappy quality product because it doesn’t irritate my legs and so works as a simple leg and foot lotion.
10. Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil: I kept meaning to review this and never did and now its all gone! This was a lovely oil product that I used in a couple of different ways. I get eczema and irritation on my hands especially and I would add some drops of this to a tub of warm water to make a nice soak for my hands. It calmed down my skin and also put a lot of moisture into it as well. I also used this straight onto any scars or skin markings and it seemed to help those heal a bit better. It was also nice to add a couple drops to my night time moisturizer for an added level of moisture and also because the various oils all helped with fine lines and dry skin. It included cocoa butter, vitamin E, Sesame Oil, Canola oil, Cetesomate-E and Rosehip oil. For $11 this was a decent product but now I am using either pure organic rosehip oil or bio oil.
11. Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream: My beautiful friend Mish gave me this BB cream sample and I loved it! It is an asian BB cream so has quite a different feel compared to most of the ones we find here like the Garnier. It was really good coverage unlike my other Western BB creams and also had a slightly greyer tone if that makes sense. It made me look a little pale but a touch of my powder helped with that. Definitely interested in ordering a full size online as this lasted ages with a little going a really long way.
12. Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner: This is probably my favorite liquid liner that I’ve tried (although I haven’t tried many). It was in my first favorites post and I was very sad when it finished. Repurchase? Most likely when I next see it on special.
13. Paris Hilton perfume: This is so old I don’t even know if it has a name. This was one of the first perfumes I ever got and hence I didn’t ever want to throw it away. The scent originally I think was quite nice but quite young and girly so probably not something I would gravitate towards now. Also I’m certain it’s gone completely off and smells a bit rancid haha so definitely chucking now!
14. Kleancolour Wizard Pads (Nail Polish Remover Wipes with cuticle oil): First off these did not remove nail polish well AT ALL. They smudged it around a bit but I never succeeded in actually using these as nail polish remover. Once I accepted this small fact I loved these wipes! They were perfect after I used nail polish remover to get any last tiny bits off and to moisturize my cuticles. They had heaps of oil on them that felt wonderful on my nails and cuticles and one pad usually would last a couple of manicures which meant this pack lasted me ages! I also loved the cucumber scent! It was delish. I didn’t buy these, they were a Christmas gift from not last year but the year before (took me a while to start using them obviously haha) but if I do see them around I’ll definitely pick some more up.
15. Burt’s Bees Shampoo and Conditioner with Grapefruit and Sugar Beet: I won the two of these in a giveaway and was excited to try them out. These were another thing I kept meaning to review and never did. They are made with lots of organic products and stuff that’s nice and healthy for my hair which was great! The shampoo seemed to really deep clean my hair and I definitely needed the nice thick conditioner to restore some softness to it but in combination these two products worked great and my hair felt really healthy and clean. The scent is something that I think could put some people off as it is strong and smells “organic” if that makes sense… It was sweet but very citrusy from the grapefruit and I personally loved the fact that the scent wasn’t temporary and I could pick it up ever now and again throughout the day, but I know some people don’t like their hair to smell too strong. Repurchase? I’m pretty sure these are quite expensive so not sure if I will repurchase as I tend to use slightly cheaper (although not as nice) alternatives.
Whoo, that’s it. Sorry for the huge number of products. I’ll try do them a little more often so they aren’t quite so excessive haha. Let me know if you have used any of these products and what your thoughts are 🙂