Today I am starting a new blog series called Tuesday’s Top 10 that will most likely occur weekly (on a Tuesday, in case that wasn’t self-explanatory ._.). It’s a chance for me to share random lists that are makeup/beauty related, movie/book related or any other random lists that I feel like sharing. I am one of those
crazy normal people who is always making lists, in fact I find it hard to function or be productive without them (a.k.a. I do nothing…all day. Not even exaggerating.).
Anyway, today I am posting my Top 10 nail polishes for Autumn as Summer has finally abandoned us and left a rather depressing, wet season in its place. Luckily for me I love Autumn nail polish and so I was excited to go through my collection and pull out some vampy, edgy favorites that will be on heavy rotation this season. Let me add, before I get started, that I don’t think seasons should limit our nail polish options and I am often seen with bright nails in the dead of winter yet I do tend to darken up the colours I wear and certain seasonal trends sometimes appeal. Here are 10 favorites (in no particular order)!
1. OPI The Living Daylights: My glitter choice for Autumn is this amazing hexagonal glitter released in OPI’s Jame’s Bond collection. Its a very unique mix of teal, silver and copper glitter that seems to work with the majority of Autumn cream shades that I wear, lending itself to a sophisticated accent finger or topcoat.
2. Essie Merino Cool: This cream polish by Essie is a gorgeous mauve toned taupe shade that oozes elegance. I love nudes in Autumn for those times when I am over the dark, vampy shades and need a beautiful palette cleanser with a cleaner, more subtle shade like this one.
3. Essie Go Overboard: A favorite for Autumn is this amazing deep teal from Essie. A gorgeous blue/green cream (have you noticed how much I love a good cream polish) that is different and stands out. Dark without being black this colour is my alternative to a navy and will be very busy this Autumn.
4. Revlon Colorstay in Blue Slate: This is a relatively new purchase for me and my first from the Colorstay range. Blue Slate is an interesting and unique blue with a dusty, edgy quality to it. Another polish that falls into my obsessions with blues all year round but the subdued tonr makes this very Autumn appropriate.
5. Essie Very Structured: Another classic colour for me in Autumn is a brown, usually a super dark, vampy brown but this year a lighter, chocolate brown by Essie caught my eye. A slightly odd nail polish (which means I LOVE it) with a classic Essie cream formula that makes application a breeze.
6. OPI Warm and Fozzie: An oldie from the Muppets collection but an Autumn staple for me is this amazing shimmer/glitter polish. The variety of colours in this complex shade (from browns to coppers and burnt pink/oranges) are the perfect representation of Autumn’s changing leaves (one of my favorite things about the season).
7. Maxfactor Glossfinity in Burgundy Crush: Berry toned reds are a vibrant addition to any Autumn outfit and pair well with my favorite berry lipsticks so this new deep berry/burgundy addition to my collection is perfection in a gorgeous cream formula. Shiny, opaque and really does last for forever. I love how this colour is both bright and yet sultry. The reasonable prices of this range also appeals…
8. OPI Skyfall: I am never very current with the trends but one recent trend in Fall fashion that I love is oxblood! The off-putting name (referring to the deep rust colour of oxygenated blood) doesn’t do this trend justice and I love how classy and yet edgy at the same time it is. This gorgeous burnt red from the Skyfall collection is my current favorite oxblood nail polish.
9. A England Dragon: In order to convince you that I don’t only wear creme nail polishes this beautiful green creation from Adina at A England had to be included! This stunner is an amazing mid-green shimmer/holographic nail polish that lives up to its name (in that it looks like dragon scales…or rather how I would imagine dragon scales to look..you have to see it).
10. OPI Every month is Okoberfest: Number 10 is my absolute favorite (I guess it shouldn’t have been left until last) that I loved during Summer (despite it being the opposite of what I normally wear in Summer) andis a perfect Autumn colour with its red/purple/copper tones and deep, vampy shimmer. This chameleon is a stunner and should be experienced by everyone.
What are your go-to autumn nail polish shades? For more ideas and inspiration this season check out my Guest Post I did a few weeks ago on the fall/autumn nail polish trends for 2013 or alternatively go look back at last years Autumn/Winter nail polish post!