With T2 a new gift to Auckland I have been browsing their website and store, building up a significant wishlist of teas. So far I have just one (My classic Turkish apple tea that I couldn’t leave without) and a couple of samples. But here are a few more I have on my radar…
Let me preface my list with a small disclosure: T2 are not paying me in $$ or (preferably) in tea to ramble on at you about them in fact they know nothing about me. My lists are just a little weird and this is what is on my mind at the moment.
- Apple Cumble: A tisane that is supposed to be delicious hot or cold and taste like home baking and fresh apples. I am already salivating.
- Southern Sunrise: This is one of the samples I received and is a delicious herbal blend of grapefruit and lemongrass. A refreshing combination that I need in my life.
- Honey Vanilla: A rooibos based tea with hints of vanilla (which I love in tea) and floral honeybush. I am intrigued.
- White Jasmine: I love white tea and I love jasmine in tea so this is a combination made for me to try.
- Geisha Getaway: A tropical take on Sencha green tea with coconut and pineapple. Diifferent to any other form of green tea I have tried and sounds like a holiday in a tea cup.
- Sleep Tight: I am a terrible sleeper so this one could be worth a try and sounds delicious too with a combination of lemon balm, rose, lavender and jasmine.
- Vanilla Mint: I love peppermint tea (to death) and so this spearmint and vanilla combination could be right up my alley.
- Chai: A basic one, I know but I am always on the hunt for the perfect chai and whilst in store I sampled some of this made up with soy milk and a little honey and it was beautiful. Chai is pretty amazing full stop.
- French Earl Grey: I tend to shy away from Earl Grey at home but always enjoy a good cup of it at the in-laws. I have also heard a few people recommend this classic bergamot fusion with fruity and citrus flavours.
- Turkish Apple and Cinnamon: Being a big fan of the Turkish apple tisane I couldn’t help but include what sounds like it but even better. Apple and cinnamon has to be one of the best comnbinations and these sugary concoctions are a bit of a treat. Yum.
I definitely won’t be buying all of these (at once) but they make a handy birthday list (hint hint) and I just generally kind of love reading their descriptions of teas and the beautiful photos (which I borrowed…). Anyway, I am going to go back to my pot of Southern Sunrise and the new album by Lorde which I can’t get enough of.
What are your favourites from T2 (as if I need more for my wishlist)? For more information on T2 or their humongous selection of beautiful teas head to their website or head to their store near the bottom of Queen Street in Auckland city. There are so many delicious samples to try and the staff are lovely so you may be there a while.