Yay for Tuesday…. Or not. Who knows, Tuesday’s are a bit random. Last night I had a lovely time at the Miss Career launch which I was invited to by a lovely friend. Lets just say there was a candy bar and a goody bag. With tea. Yup, I had a good Monday. Right now I am drinking (or rather eating with a spoon when no one is looking) some Turkish apple tea and catching up on Australia’s next top model (a guilty pleasure). Hope you guys are all having a lovely week too!
Today I am showing you a very late Sample Bar Glam Pack. I haven’t posted about the last couple of boxes and to be honest there was nothing to rave or write home about. September’s box was not a bad box and was themed around Spring and the change in season. So lets just see what was included!
1. Evolu Protective Day Cream: This may be my favourite product this month and is the only one I have already got stuck into using pretty much daily. It is slightly fragrant but not too much so. It has SPF 15 which is great for Spring where there is a bit of sun around and about. Its also rich but not enough to be annoying for a day cream and works perfectly for my dry skin. The full size of this is 75mL and is a whopping $54.99. I have a sad feeling that once my sample runs out that will probably be it for me and evolu.
2. Maybelline BB Cream: I have been very keen to try the new BB creams by Maybelline and so was happy to receive 7 sample sachets. What was a little frustrating is that the 7 samples we received were for the normal BB cream with Salicylic acid which is pretty useless for me and my sensitive dry skin. If they were sending a number of sachets I am not sure why they didn’t include both this formula and their dry skin formula. I will definitely try this but would have preferred the one more suited to my skin tone (which was specified on their website and so is part of my beauty profile). This is a reasonable $19.99 for 30mL.
3. Nimue Purifier: This thing looked cute but to begin with I had no idea what it was. I’m still not 100% sure but it says something along the lines of a day or night product that can be used o reduce oiliness for cleansing the skin. Again considering my skin is anything but oily I am unsure how useful this will be for me personally. Its a pretty high end product coming in at $81.00 for a 50mL size product.
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo: I hear so much about dry shampoo and yet have never branched into this area of hair care. My hair isn’t oily and lasts really well between washes so I wasn’t super desperate but will definitely try this handy handbag sized sample out and if I like it purchase the one specific for brown hair. The price for this ranges from $7.99 to $15.99 depending on size.
5. Yon-Ka Ultra Protection SPF 20 Sunscreen: Next up we received a 5mL sample of this anti-aging sunscreen. I am always happy to try new sunscreens and was intrigued by this brand I have never heard of. The packaging of the sample looks a little like medicine/ointment but I have tried this out to see what it was like. The formula was thick and a greyish white tone which makes it feel like an effective sunscreen. Although it was thick it wasn’t uncomfortably thick once it settled into the skin. What I found the most off putting about this product was the intense lavender scent. Now I am a big fan of lavender unlike a lot of people I know but to me it is more of a night time scent and not something I would slather on before a work day or a day at the beach. Strange. This sunscreen is $49.90 for 50mL. I think I would stick with my trusty Neutrogena.
6. Broadway Real Life Nails: Last up and worst of all is this last product. I don’t even want to talk about it because I would never wear them and I wish I had gotten pretty much anything else. These are fake, self-sticking nails and although I have nothing against fake nails I would never wear them and if I did they would be coloured, not cheap looking french tips. Yuck. Not a fan and don’t think I could even pass these off to a friend. These are an overpriced $21.99.
So there were a couple of products here I will try but all in all Samplebar disappointed in terms of paying attention to our personal beauty quizzes that you can do on the website and sent me too many products that just don’t match my profile. If you don’t want to personalize the boxes then don’t ask for people to give you the information. Do I sound bitter? Oops. I plan to stop my boxes after October so lets hope we end on a high!
Did any of you receive a box this month? Did you get the same things and how did you find it?