I’m really awkward when it comes to trying to update people on my life since returning to New Zealand. So much has happened, but time has flown by so quickly, so instead of rambling on I have compiled a brief list to sum up the last three months. I have also used instagram to provide a brief photographic overview of my life (spoiler alert – there’s a lot of coffee and pancakes).
So what have I been up to:
- Eating enough cheese to feel sick (not something new, just reassuring you all that my love of cheese is still going strong
- Having amazing #brunchclubs with Laura and Maddy, my two blogging inspirations and generally amazing friends
- Settling in to a new wonderful flat with space and character and all those great things that make a house a home
- Learning to love having flatmates again which mainly involves much wine drinking and the occasional sock on the door knob
- Getting into Girls in a big way (the TV show, no dramatic orientation changes at this stage)
- Pining over another overseas trip. Japan, I have you and all of your cat cafes in my sights.
- Working too hard, doing too much overtime and then grumbling about it
- Failing to join the gym but with all the right intentions
- Enjoying the first little glimpses of summer with some iced tea and beers in our back yard
- Feeling guilty over how hard I have found it to get back into blogging
- Going for a couple of amazing trips to Wellington, one work related and one to launch Wellington’s very own #brunchclub
- Baking things, but not as much as I would like to
- Being awestruck and head over heels at my new little niece who is the most adorable piece of baby flesh I ever did set my eyes on.
- Becoming ridiculously proud of my baby sister who makes motherhood look so darn easy, and has never looked more beautiful than when she is snapchatting her and the baby after very few hours of sleep. I don’t know how you do it but I know one day I will hate you just a little bit for setting the bar so high
- Trying to make the neighbour’s cat love me the most and failing but still getting plenty of cat cuddles
- Learning to appreciate the little things more, slowly.
Looking forward to:
- Lorde concert which is on tonight and which I should be getting ready for instead of blogging
- Going to see Bill Bailey this week which will be amazing
- The exciting future of #brunchclub
- Watching my niece and my sister grow together
- Spending more time with family now that the sun decides to come out more often
- Continuing to make the new place feel like home
- Joining a gym so that I can get fit and healthy
- Doing some part time study, all though I might put that off until next year
- Planning a budget that lets us save for a trip to the South Island and then later on for Japan